Monday, September 9, 2013

Cuppa cuppa




It's another color challenge this month at House of Cards. The colors are very vintagey (is that a word?!!) and not really my colors at all. But heck- isn't that what challenges are about? Embracing our discomfort? Making us think outside the box? Taking the road less travelled?  OK I will stop!

Here are the colors for this months challenge:


Wow, this was quite the stretch for me until I went through all my stamps and came across this vintage tea set stamp from Whipper Snapper. The colors called to me and I made a very clean and simple colored card. I used my inkpads on a craft sheet and a water brush to color the image. The colors I used were: Momentos- morocco, grape jelly and espresso truffle and Distress inks: milled lavender and stormy sky. To add a little something I used my Wink of Stella brush to add a glitter sheen to the image.

I can't wait to see what my fellow designers come up with and what you all come up with also. Please join us for September's color challenge!


5 comments:

Nancy Seed said...

I could use a little bit of that Tea right now along with the sentiment. Great job.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful coloring!

Tara Cardwell said...

The colours didn't speak to me either this month Sue so I'm glad I'm not the only DT who found them challenging! You did a knock out job in the end though this is simply beautiful.
Tara

Rosmarie said...

This is a damn good job you've done Sue! I love, like you've managed to balance the colors, ...it was not obvious! Your card is gorgeous and I just love!
I wish you a great day
Rosi x

Mynn xx said...

Well Sue, you totally rocked the colors! I didn't realize how hard they'd be when I chose them but I think everyone has done an amazing job--LOVE your coloring!!! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the weekend! :)