Sunday, July 27, 2014

Camp Wannastamp



Since I have had my first summer free from school work in three years, I was able to take advantage of Camp Wannastamp. My somewhat "local" stamp store  One Little Spark-(an hour and a half way) has a stamp camp every year. it is an all day stamping event taught by the store owner, Pat Thorpe's daughter- Heather Meeson of the A Muse fame. 

We started out with a funky folded card. it was a wee bit too funky for my group, so we opted to keep our four 2x2 panels to make a card set at home.  I will show them when I complete the set That took us through the morning. While lunch came with the event, the fab Philly five decide to have a tail gate picnic. Boy was that a great idea! We had the car radio blasting XM radios 60's on 6. We had our chair out in the parking lot and we gorged on barbecue chicken, potato salad, pasta salad, fruit salad, hummus, salsa and chips. What picnic is complete without cup cakes and we had those too.





Thank God the weather held out, because soon after we returned to camp, it started pouring! the rest of the afternoon was spent, doing what I love best- making cards. Some were winners and some not so much. But I learned something new with each card.


This card, so totally did not work out, but I tried to save it by outlining the hello with a black sharpie.


This was not my favorite card but I did like the washi tape I added to it. I think it will make a good card for my teenage nephew and if he chuck's it I won't be offened. :)



This card was fun and I love the sentiment. We learned a cute way to make the fruit loops with a hole punch and a circle punch. 


This is a lovely CAS card, that I actually saw on Laura Bassen's blog prior to class. I had to add some bling- why you ask? Well, just because I had it with me and I like it!


 We finished with this really fast CAS card. I was glad it it was so CAS because I was exhausted. We had a quick snack from the card trunk and were on our way home after a hilarious, creative, fun and tiring day at camp.








2 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Sounds like a fun day! And great cards made to boot!

Betty Wright said...

Sue, this is a wonderful suite of cards! Love all the designs! Looks like fun times and good eats!