Saturday, June 3, 2017

The sky's the limit


This is the time year where graduations abound. My BFF told me she was going to her granddaughter's graduation from preschool. Preschool!!!! I then found out there are graduations not only from preschool but kindergarten, elementary school, middle school. Geez, you can tell I don't have kids! 😀 Well if all these graduations are going on, you are going to need a bunch of congrats cards. I figured I better get a stock in.

CAS(E) this Sketch and Addicted to CAS both had a challenged that when I saw it, I knew exactly what I was going to do. Sometimes it happens like that. You just grab your stamps and 20 minutes later you have your creation done.


Die cuts seem to be a buzz word this week. Both The Male Room and Just Us Girls are looking for us to use them in our work.


 



I used Lawn Fawn's Blue Skies. I sponged the blue sky background and added the clouds and hot air balloon, all colored with copics.  Die cut them. (what would we do without dies?!!) The sentiment and gems were added and voila- the card was done.


These are some really fun challenges. Click on my links and play along too.



8 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Super fun take on the sketch!

Susan said...

Terrific cards and great way to combine challenges. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Ina G said...

Fabulous cas card. Love the layering of the die cuts. Thanks for joining us at JUGS this week.

Jane said...

Love your card! Very much to my CAS taste and a great morale booster for anyone to recieve. Thanks for playing at The Male Room.

anja curvers said...

A very pretty card. Thank you for joining us over at ATCAS.

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful coloring on the hot air balloon and I love how you blended your inks for the background! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Jaydee said...

Sue, what a great way to combine the challenges. I love the sponging behind the hot air balloon, as well as the coloring on the hot air balloon! Great job with the challenge this week. So glad you joined us at ATCS
Jaydee

donna mikasa said...

Such a fun take on the sketch--love the hot air balloon!