Tuesday, June 11, 2013

You and me forever

My anniversary was a few weeks ago, but no reason, why I can't get started on next year's card is there? Nichole Heady from Papertrey Ink gave a great video tutorial on overlapping ombre effect and challenged us to come up with our own take. I personally am loving the ombre effect that is so popular right now and the overlap is a perfect way to show case it.

I pulled out my Love and Marriage set from Papertrey Ink to see what I could come up with. For some reason I thought the tree stamp in the set would make a cool ombre effect - boy was I wrong.


Then I remembered I am a CAS team member over at House of Cards, so come on- "keep it simple sista!"  I just used the border stamp and bingo- the card was created. I added the pearls that I colored with my copics with the same ombre effect.

So here is my entry for Make it Monday over at Inspired by Papertrey Ink.






3 comments:

Joyce said...

This is so pretty, and a great choice of stamps.

Carolanne said...

This is so pretty! Great idea to use this border. Really works well with this challenge.

bevyb said...

Like the border ombre effect on your card and of course you stamped it using the most beautiful color in the world - PINK