Saturday, July 6, 2013

It's your Birthday!!


Boy, I am starting to get the hang of one layer cards! I am so proud of myself! Lots of birthday in July besides my own, which we all know is really the only important one! But, I do have to make the effort-hee hee!! :) 

This one layer card is based on the sketch for CASE this sketch and will be for my brother whose birthday is at the end of the month. It is a mix of old and new. The strip down the side is a washi  tape stamp from Inspired by Stamping and the saying is from Simon Says Stamp's Make a Wish. The circles/dots are very old sets from Hero Arts and Memory Box.


I am entering this at Crazy 4 Challenges, a new challenge blog I discovered. The challenge is to "Get Wordy". I think this card fits the bill don't you?

"Anything Goes" that's the challenge at An Inky Situation- especially since my card is just stamps and ink! Talk about back to basics. It sure doesn't get old huh?

I have been taking the cards I make into sets of different colors and will probably work this card up into other color schemes and keep them on hand.

Well I better get out of the studio, the temperature is quickly rising- 89 degrees at 10:00. I have to do all my stamping early in the morning.

Have a great weekend all and stay cool!!!



3 comments:

KelliJo said...

SO glad you found us over at Crazy4Challenges! New challenge each week! Wonderful card you created and I have to agree with you on Birthdays... ;) MINE is the important one in my house! lol

Sarah Gough said...

Gorgeous CAS card! Thanks for joining us at C4C!

Chrissy Larson said...

Love the polka dots!