Saturday, July 6, 2013

It's your Birthday!!


Boy, I am starting to get the hang of one layer cards! I am so proud of myself! Lots of birthday in July besides my own, which we all know is really the only important one! But, I do have to make the effort-hee hee!! :) 

This one layer card is based on the sketch for CASE this sketch and will be for my brother whose birthday is at the end of the month. It is a mix of old and new. The strip down the side is a washi  tape stamp from Inspired by Stamping and the saying is from Simon Says Stamp's Make a Wish. The circles/dots are very old sets from Hero Arts and Memory Box.


I am entering this at Crazy 4 Challenges, a new challenge blog I discovered. The challenge is to "Get Wordy". I think this card fits the bill don't you?

"Anything Goes" that's the challenge at An Inky Situation- especially since my card is just stamps and ink! Talk about back to basics. It sure doesn't get old huh?

I have been taking the cards I make into sets of different colors and will probably work this card up into other color schemes and keep them on hand.

Well I better get out of the studio, the temperature is quickly rising- 89 degrees at 10:00. I have to do all my stamping early in the morning.

Have a great weekend all and stay cool!!!



4 comments:

Kelli Hull said...

SO glad you found us over at Crazy4Challenges! New challenge each week! Wonderful card you created and I have to agree with you on Birthdays... ;) MINE is the important one in my house! lol

Sarah Gough said...

Gorgeous CAS card! Thanks for joining us at C4C!

Quip1320 said...

Love the polka dots!

Janis said...

Thank you for Linking Up at An Inky Situation. Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
An Inky Situation Page on Facebook
:) Janis
Shop Stampin' Up! with me