Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Card Camp 2 week 1, day 4





It's the most wonderful time of the year! Time for camp! Not just any camp but Summer Card Camp!
Three weeks of designs, inspiration and challenges with our favorite counselors- Jennifer Maguire and Kristina Werner and a bunk house full of guest counselors.


What with work, school and doctor appointments today is the first day I have actually been able to sit down and practice what we have learned in the past few days.

I decided to really challenge myself with the 10 minute challenge. I figured with all my work with making CAS cards this should be a no brainer. LIke others, I gathered my materials and had them ready. I used a card base and some scrap paper- that yes was trimmed in the time frame. I used CAS-ual Friday's Bold Wishes stamp set and a old stamp saying from some unknown set. I used the colors combo required and and one of the card sketches as the basis of my inspiration.



As you can see I made it in 8 minutes and 4 seconds. I wished I had taken advantage of the las minute or so to more carefully cut out my embellishment for the card. and I wish I had trimmed the card down so when I added the embellishment it would fit in a standard envi. It's like in the food challenge Chopped, where the chef finishes their dish with a few minutes left and doesn't clean the plates! But this isn't bad for my first 10 minute card and what the hey, I can go back now and fix it. I can, can't I??!!?


1 comment:

Nora Noll said...

Your card is so pretty!! You rocked this!! Your desk was so neat when you were done too. Mine looked like a hurricane had hit it.