Friday, August 23, 2013

One layer, one stamp, one color, one sentiment, oh my!



I try to participate as often as I can in the One Layer Wednesday (OLW) hosted weekly by a variety of amazing artists. This challenge is where I have honed my CAS techniques. To go from multiple layers of card stock and pattern paper to one layer of paper certainly has been a challenge. Now my poor pattern papers are tucked away and getting dusty. :(  

I have turned into a CAS gal totally, but I usually might have one popped up layer or stamped image,
so this weeks challenge at OLW154 one stamp, one color and one layer was certainly a challenge. I checked out what others were doing and pulled out a variety of stamps and started to play. 

I finally decided on this stamp from Hero Arts as my focal image and a saying from the Penny Black set- "Friendship" .  I stamped with distress inks and taking my water brush I blended various areas on the flowers. I don't think this is cheating do you? I mean, it is the same ink and color. I just needed some contrast to pop the flowers.

I liked the results so well, I made a set of these cards in a variety of colors.







This was so much fun and easy, I may just have to try it again. The only thing missing though is a popped up butterfly- oh it is so hard to control myself!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is not cheating at all, Sue, in fact I love the shades you have managed to achieve with one ink colour. Great layout and great choice of stamps.