Sunday, October 6, 2013

Apple of my eye (2nd post of the day)


When I awoke this morning, the sky were gray and it looks like rain for the first time in about 2 weeks. I am OK with that, I like rainy days. Rainy days are good days to curl up with a book, cook a pot of soup, bake a sweet dessert and of course spend time in my studio!

CAS(E) this sketch has the best sketches. They are always clean and simple. But that can be difficult, creating a CAS card that is striking and effective. I thought a lot about this weeks sketch and tried out a variety of ideas. Finally, I just put the whole thing aside and went to bed. I don't know if you are like me, but the best idea came to me while I was sleeping. 


I grabbed my new set from Papertrey Ink's Fruit Fusion Apple, that hasn't seen any ink yet and I was off and inkin' and stampin'!!

The card was everything I wanted, that the other 6 rejects weren't! So I can submit this to CAS(E) this sketch with my head held high!

Being as I am still celebrating World Card Making Day, I am giving this to my DH, just because.
Have a great week everyone!


Be sure to check out my first post today!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Those apples are adorable!!

Romaine said...

Love those apples!

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet card! I love how you off-set the apples!
Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, so cute! Love those apples and that fun sentiment, too.