Monday, March 17, 2014

You are my sunshine!



I am writing this post well ahead of when it will be posted and we are expecting another major snowstorm. I have to laugh, we have had so much snow this winter that when they talk about snow on the weather now, they describe it as "plowable" snow as opposed to just snow.


I am so ready for spring and sunshine. When the challenge for House of Cards this month was using a button, I immediately went for a sun stamp from Darcie's- My Sunshine. I stamped an ombre of oranges and added the buttons. There you have it a very CAS card to encourage spring to come.


Here is the same card made even more CAS and one layer. Which do you like the best?

Now, here is the question. Should you always add a string to the the button? I have been informed by others that buttons should never appear "au natural". What do you think? Ties or no ties?

Please join us for another great challenge at House of Cards!


6 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Sue, this is PERFECT!!! LOVE the fun use of buttons and the summery color scheme! :) HUGS and have a great week! Mynn xx

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Sue! Love both cards but the second one that is more CAS is my favorite. WE are all hoping for sunshine soon. Have a great day.

Nancy Seed said...

Great job! Both put a smile on my face and maybe just maybe if we put the two cards together we just might convince the real sun to shine for us.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Sue - you made a second card - like it even better than the first! Those sunny buttons make me smile!

Judy V said...

2 great cards Sue! Love your use of buttons and the colors you used. I am more partial to the first one.

Ruth M said...

Two beautiful cards Sue and it's too hard to choose a fave! If pushed I'd say card two because I love that sweet sentiment more!

I'm in the "no naked buttons" camp myself - if it's a real button. If it's a stamped button then I think it's OK to leave those as they are. Rather than use thread or ribbon, my "go to" method is to thread very thin strips of CS through button holes. Give that a try! : )

Wishing you warm sunny Spring weather soon! Ruth x