Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Abracadabra- it is a twofer!




Well, how about a twofer!! I am all about finding the most uses out of one stamp, die etc. Remember this post from Memory Box? When I received the Cosenza tree border die # 98855, I knew how else I could use it. But first things first. 

I made a set of hello cards each color featuring a different season with the cosenza tree border die cut from various MB papers. I die cut cosenza tree border outline # 98864 from brown card stock. I added a matching strip of washi tape and using the new urban alphabet dies to add the hello. Please check out this post to see the cards individually.

NOW FOR THE MAGIC!! ABRACADABRA! Just say the magic words- Memory Box!

IMG_9503

Do you see the magic? Do see the twofer? All those left over pieces from the cosenza tree border, minus their trunks made perfect little balloons!! How fun is that!! A subtle sponging of starry nights stencil and this bonus card was complete.

There is relatively new challenge site out the in blog land called The Card Concept, it is similar to the House of Cards that I design for. Since my resolution this year was to try and participate in more challenges, I thought the Card Concept would be a fun one to try!!



The challenge for this week is birthday cards. I am entering this as a CAS card- main focal point lots of white space, very easy to recreate.

E60A6E5D6326626A19BE3D97B0F0C8BF

3 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Great CAS design, love the pattern balloons!!

Unknown said...

What a sweet card. Your ballons just make me happy:) Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept this week.

joy said...

Pretty card - I spotted this in the Card Concept line-up! Love the sweet balloons!