Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Thank Fall


The current challenge at the Card Concept is a photo challenge with the theme of "thank fall". Clever huh- "thank fall"? I love it- so fun. Besides I need ideas for my Thanksgiving cards and the theme and photo inspired me. 


I have only three challenges left on the Wild card team at the Card Concept and for the last three we get to pick our styles. Naturally, I drift towards the CAS categories.

One of my oft used techniques is to stamp or place images over top of a text stamp. It just creates such an interesting CAS look. For this card I had to go back to my older but well inked stamps. The text stamp from Hero Arts "Dictionary Greetings, I use ALL the time for this technique. I was pleasantly surprised to still see you could buy this set of stamps. I highly recommend it! The pumpkins are from A Muse. Looks like this set is only available on e-bay. The branch is StampinUp- unknown set.

Here is another look for the same idea using a new stamp from Great Impressions.



I wasn't as happy with this. I shoulda used four pumpkins instead of three. They look too squashed in. What do you think?

This works with this week's challenge at Just Us Girls so I am entering it there also.


Please join us this week at the Card Concept with your interpretation of this weeks challenge!

10 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great Thanksgiving card Sue-I just love your cas style-your stamping and layering over text is a great technique for cas-love it!!

Ina G said...

A nice cas card. Love the text idea. It adds a bit of character . Thanks for joining us this week at Just us Girls

Nancy said...

Well this is a little odd...having you on that side of the fence...LOL. Love your card and hope things are going well. Take care Sue!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Sue I love both cards! Love the text with the images. Like Nancy said, this is a little odd, but so glad you came and played with us. Hope all is going well for you!

Maria said...

Great card! Love the sparkle! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Gorgeous CAS card, great text background & love the glittery branch :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card! Love the CAS design!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE how you layered all the elements over the text. I also like the tiny dots of sparkle on the branches. Really lovely card!!

Yoonsun Hur said...

A very pretty CAS card!! I love the glittery branch!

Monica Maier said...

I love you card and your designs. Thanks for picking my mini cards for the challenge! It meant a lot and put a huge smile on my face! :-D