Saturday, November 1, 2014

Wit or wit-out


Hi Everyone! What a cold and dark Saturday morning. It is just a taste of what is to come. But the positive spin is that cold mornings make you happy to be inside and hunkered down in my studio with some soft music and a cup of tea ready to create with soft fall colors. Oranges, rust, saffrons and browns.

This month at House of Cards we are challenge you to a fun sketch.


I had to go with  Thanksgiving theme, plus it gave me the opportunity to use my new "songbirds" set from Papertrey Ink. I love anything with birds on it, so naturally it was the first set I grabbed for this challenge.

Of course, because I have been so busy with school and work, I didn't get photograph till this morning, when it was kinda dark still. Sooooo we have two photos and as they say at Pat's- "one wit and one wit-out" light that is- not cheese! The top photo has the flash off. the one below has the flash on. Sometimes I like the flash, it reminds me of family photographs from years ago.


Please join us this month for the sketch challenge at House of Cards and check back in each week to see what each style has to offer starting with the CAS team on Monday.



18 comments:

Judy V said...

Hi Sue! Great card! Love those little birds!
Have a great weekend!

Judy HOC DT

Monika Reeck said...

Sue that three little birdie so cute and nice using the sketch..love the color combo too...hope you like to visiting my DT card back..happy weekend Sue..

hugs,
Monika HOC DT (Fun and Cute team)

Samra said...

Such a pretty CAS card! Love that musical note banner!

Tammy said...

This is so cute Sue! I love the little birds and that fun music note banner!
Tammy x

Mynn xx said...

LOVE this, Sue! The fun shapes you used are a perfect example of thinking outside the box with our sketch! Perfect! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

cohenna said...

Beautiful card!
sweet birds
I love the color combination

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Sue
Actually had a bit of time to go round team mate blogs so had to pop and see your super card with its delightful birdies.
Have a great evening.
Ang.

Merethe A said...

Those birds reminded me of a paper bird my granny had in her kitchen window... Happy memories.. Lovely card Sue.

Rosmarie said...

Your card is very beautiful and I love these birds, flying over the music note banner! Lovely interpretation of the sketch!
Hugs Rosi

Rocky said...

The colours are lovely and those birds are so cute, great card.

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Sue! I love these birdies and the song too! Sweet card! Have a great day!

Pat said...

Love the bird and the music paper..tweet tweet! I know what you mean about using flash.... never use it unless you have too!

Unknown said...

Love your birds, so cheerful!

Toni said...

I so hear you about the weather--so blah, and yet perfect excuse to craft! Love your interpretation of the sketch!

Katy said...

Love this card. A very beautiful interpretation of the sketch! :)--Katy HOC Cute and Fun Teammate :)

Deepti said...

These birdies look so cute :) awesome design n colors!

Vannessa said...

Great CAS card! Love those little birdies!

Hugs, Vannessa
Cute & Fun DT for HOC

Anita said...

This is a fabulous card, teammie. Anita, HOC DT