Monday, September 3, 2018

Pinkie screams for ice cream!


Happy Labor Day everyone!! To me the Labor Day signifies the end of summer. The leaves are already starting to fall, and it is beginning to become darker earlier. It also means the weather will be getting cooler. I don't do ice cream in the cold weather. Only in the summer. I know I am weird. But it's helpful for my diet!! Miss Pinkie though, will eat ice cream any old time, just like her daddy George. It could be minus 10 degrees and they will be slurping down an ice cream cone. 

Inky Paws  is having a sketch challenge this week. 
 
 
Come on guys! Play along! Half the work is done for you! The design is there to copy! Take it literally or think outside the box.

I had fun with this one. I had been wanting to try this technique from Jennifer Maguire for a popup window card. I don't usually do this complicate interactive cards, being a CAS gal, but this technique looked like so much fun and I could keep it reasonable CAS.


How is it that I found the perfect ice cream pattern paper in my stash! I used "Newton's Summer Treats" and "Summer Scoops" for today's card. 


Head onto over to Inky Paws and join in this sketch challenge. We will chose a RANDOM entry to win a $20.00 Newton's Nook store gift certificate. We will highlight our favorite entries from each challenge the following Monday, so all entries have a chance to be featured on the blog.

The deadline to enter today's challenge is Friday September 14, 2018, at MN CST. the winners will be announced on the following Monday at Inky Paws.

2 comments:

Dawn Darlene said...

Thanks for the fav! Love the way your coloured the cat on this card!

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is so cute! I love how you used the sketch to create a window! Such a fun idea! And the coloring on kitty is super cute too!
-Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}