Monday, August 27, 2018

Time to trade in the flip flops


It's that time of the year. Time to trade in the flip flops for school shoes. Shoes that don't fit between your toes. I think flip flops are so much fun. They come in so many colors and fun designs. They can be utiliterian or dress up. They are cheap, so you can have multiple pairs.

The problem for me is the the thong between my toes. I have never been able to get use to that feeling. It just irritates me. I have been told it's like scotch or beer, it's an acquired taste. I have tried. I have spent money over the years on on flip flops and thong sandels, trying to get used to them. A few months ago, I had a pair of adorable flip flops in my hand to purchase for my trip to the beach. I looked at them and thought, "What are you doing? You know you will never wear them!" I reluctantly put them back.

Hey, that doesn't mean I don't subscribe to the whole "life is better in flip flops" idea. It's a sentiment that evokes, hot summer days, walks on the beach, vacations, a general slowing down of life for a few months.

For this last week of summer, I want to remind you that even though Labor Day looms, and the seasons move on, there is still time to "flip flop" and there is still time to join in the fun at Inky Paws  their summery color challenge.


My card today uses one of the new 2X3 mini sets, "flip flop life".  These new minis are economical and come in fun and whimsical designs. I kept my card very CAS. I didn't even try to do precision coloring on the flip flops because that is what flip flop life is all about. Keeping it loose and random. This card features a super easy design that you can easily use with different stamps. So if you are having trouble coming up with an idea for the challenge this week, copy my sketch and show me your interpretation with the color inspiration.  I can't wait to see what you might come up with!  
 

Head onto over to Inky Paws and join in this fun color challenge. We will cose a RANDOM entry to win a $20.00 Newton's Nook store gift certificate. We will highlight our favorite entries from each challenge the following Monday, so all entries have a chance to be featured on the blog.

The deadline to enter today's challenge is Friday August 3, 2018, at MN CST. the winners will be announced on the following Monday at Inky Paws.

Lastly let me know what you all think of flip flops?



 

2 comments:

Jennifer Jackson said...

So cute! I love the row of flip flops and the stripes to match are perfect for the color challenge!
-Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

bevyb said...

Sue
I agree with you on wearing flip flops, love the look but have never been able to wear them because of the thong between my toes.
Look the relaxed summer look of the flip flop border.