Monday, August 5, 2019

Lost at the lake



When I was growing up, we never went down the shore for vacations, we headed to Pocono Mountains and the many lakes that are there. While I love the beach, my heart still heads to the mountains and the lake.




One of my best crafting buddies has a house in the Poconos. My crafting tribe head up there a couple times a year for a crafting weekend.


You put a bunch of crafty girls together with a bunch of stamps, dies, ink, and  paper and agood time is gonna be had by all!


This is why when the "summer theme" challenge at Inky Paws came up, I thought of the Locust Lake in the Poconos.
 

Of course the perfect stamp set for this super challenge was "Winston's Lake House from Newton's Nook. 


I also used these dies from Newton's Nook- "frames and flags" and "sea border" set.


Head on over to Inky Paws and join in our summer theme challenge. We will chose a RANDOM entry to win a $20.00 Newton's Nook store gift certificate. Our favorite entries from each challenge will be highlighted the following Monday, so all entries have a chance to be featured on the blog.

The deadline to enter today's challenge is this Friday, August 9, 2019 at MN CST. The winners will be announced on the following Monday at Inky Paws.






2 comments:

Jennifer Jackson said...

I adore this scene with Winston! It has the perfect lake feeling!
Your crafting time with your friends looks so amazing and relaxing too!
-Jen {Newton's Nook Designs

Margarita Navarro-Rivera said...

Aww, Sue, I love everything about this card! The critters are priceless and the lake looks so real! I love it!