Saturday, January 11, 2014

Life stinks unless.....


Life was a bit stinky this week. It was bone chillingly cold here in Pennsylvania. I know I shouldn't complain so many others had it so much worse. But it was bad for us. I also had to get back to reality and start studying again after a 5 week hiatus. I am putting in a grueling school schedule in the next 4 months so I can have my BSN by then end of April instead of the middle of June.

Wish me luck to try and get everything done! Oh yeah, keep me in your thoughts to pass my Psychology CLEP test!! Any study tips would be greatly appreciated!

This week at Just Us Girls, Sharyn is hosting a technique challenge. Yippee!!! It was one I love paper piecing. It might be an older technique but it never gets old with this gal. The question was which stamp to use!! 



I grabbed this set from Simon say Stamp that really hadn't seen any ink since I bought it. I paper pieced with pink gingham paper from Memory Box. I found a scrap of white felt paper and paper pieced the tummy and tale with that. Remember those "Pat the Bunny" books you all read your kids? Think that. Ooooooo, nice and soft!

The best part of this card is the inside though.



I had to pull out a shadow stamp to create the reverse image. It has been  a very long time since I did that little trick and I had a few for the trash. The saying I had wrote. I can't wait to give this to Mr. George for Valentine's day! 

Another little trick I like to use to mimic paper piecing can be seen on the heart. I die cut an image and carefully outline it with a black marker so it looks like it was stamped and cut out.

I can't wait to see what all of you create this week at Just Us Girls!


9 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Great card, Sue! What a great little image to paper piece! I love the inside too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE that you finished off the inside~ so cute with the pp animals!

Marisa said...

What a lcute little skung :) Love how you paper pieced them. The inside is adorable with the two of them. Huge hug for your push to finish your studies!! One day at a time, one assignment at a time and you'll be done before you know it.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love those paper pieced little critters! Love how you finished off the inside, too, something I normally don't do.

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Hi, Sue: Love this cute card--your work is beautifully created--FAB!

Our son has had a 5 week hiatus from school too--all his studies are on line. He says he'll trade courses with you right this minute--he's taking literature, too far in to the course to drop and can't grasp what the teacher 'wants' in this course--he has all A's [until this course]. He says to tell you, he'll [& us too] be saying prayers for you.

Thrilled to have you in our DT family--love your art!

Diane

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi new blog buddy - super cute card!

Pia S said...

I love this fun CAS design! These skunks are adorable, and I love the inside as much as the front!

Nancy said...

The inside of your card is adorable! Great job as always Sue!

Darnell said...

Great job with the mirror image and the paper piecing, Sue! This card is truly what we call "stinkin'" cute!! It's fun inside and out!

Good luck with school and getting your degree. It sounds like you are determined and focused, so you will do well and finish up by April!!

Thanks for coming by to see me! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell