Monday, August 20, 2018

Classic Peonies



Generally, I am a whimisical and cute kinda girl. So, a classy card is a leap for me. The "peony blooms set" from Newton's Nook makes classy easy.

The new challenge at Inky Paws is a color challenge.

Look at these bright summery colors! Fushia, orange, yellow and turquoise. These are happy colors that make me smile.

For my card today.  I pulled out my zig clean color pens. I tend to forget about them. Using cold press water color paper I created a watercolor wash with my zig pens using water to spread the colors around. I let the piece dry and I stamped the peony bloom. 


I die cut the peonies and layered them onto a tag  die cut from "fancy edges tag die set".  I layered the tag onto an embossed "framework die set". I kept the base of the card all white so the peonies would pop. A good tip for all of you stampers.

Head onto over to Inky Paws and join in this fun color challenge. We will cose a RANDOM entry to win a $20.00 Newton's Nook store gift certificate. We will highlight our favorite entries from each challenge the following Monday, so all entries have a chance to be featured on the blog.

The deadline to enter today's challenge is Friday August 3, 2018, at MN CST. the winners will be announced on the following Monday at Inky Paws.


3 comments:

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you used the colors on those peonies! So pretty!
-Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

Margarita Navarro-Rivera said...

Love how you colored the peonies, Sue! What a great idea to put down the color first and then stamp. I will have to try it!

bevyb said...

I like that you put a color wash down first and then stamped...such happy colors