Sunday, November 11, 2018

Home for Christmas


Wow!! My creative mojo has been on overdrive. I think it is 4 years of only being able to create on the rare occasion. Today's card is again inspired by the design team call at The Rainbow Card Challenge. Check out the challenge if you are interested in being at the start of something that is really going to be different.


I decided to show Mynn that I am not only a one trick pony, doing only CAS cute and whimsical. I can do artsy when I want to- but with a CAS touch.


Today color scheme is red. I used a bunch of new stuff that I have gotten in the past few months. The snow panel is from the new collection at Ellen Hutson. the rest of the card is from Ellen also. The wee house dies are from the Home&Hearth set by Julie Ebersole that I cut from various papers. the saying and the path from the house are from Over the River


You know how you look at card a million times and think it is perfect, but then you come back that millioneth and one tine and realize it it missing something. That is what happened here. I kept looking and tried to figure out what was missing. Guess what it was? The heart on the white house. It tied the whole card together. Often it is those teeny tiny touches that make all the difference.

Go check out The Rainbow Card Challenge.  Throw your hat in the ring.



4 comments:

Lee Ann Barrett said...

I love this design, Sue! The house die cuts are fabulous in the papers you chose and the heart IS the perfect touch! Isn't it nice to change things up sometime? Great card! Good Luck!

Mynn xx said...

Oh my gosh, another stunner! I love the red and white—it’s making me want to light my candy cane candles! Love the scene you created, too! Thanks so much for joining our DT Call at The Rainbow Card Challenge! We will get back to you before December 15th about our final decision! Sending HUGS! Mynn xx

Judy Rozema said...

Sue, this is just beautiful! Love the colors!

Jacqueline said...

Another fabulous card - thanks again for joining in the DT Call at The Rainbow Card Challenge - Jacqueline xx