Friday, April 3, 2020

Happy Bird-day!


If it is Friday, it must be a CAS kinda day! Today starts a new challenge at CAS on Friday! The theme for this week's challenge is:

Black, White and One Color


When I placed my card in the CASon Friday blog, I noticed I went in a completely different direction than my team mates. That is because this CAS gal has the tendency to over think these challenges. 



I went for a predominantly black and green with a bit of white thrown in. One of my favorite bird sets (and I own quite a few) is the "mod birds" from My Favorite Things. I stamped and embossed them in white and colored them with Sakura gel pens. I haven't used gel pens in years and years, but recently bought them to use with my Zentangle art. They work perfect on dark paper, bright and vibrant. Once the ink was dry, I shaded with a bit of copic marker. I loved this new to me technique.


While you are social distancing- Head over to CAS on Friday  and join your virtual friends to play along with our black, white, and one color challenge. You have two weeks to play along. Please make sure your card is CAS (see the rules if you are not sure) or you will not be considered for the top prize or a top three spot.

Our winner will be the guest designer for the next challenge at CAS on Friday!!


2 comments:

Ellen said...

Love your birds on the sparkling grass. Great card!

Dawn Phillips said...

Sue, this has made my day. It's fabulous. Love a bit of glitter. Love Dawn x