Saturday, August 1, 2020

Ruby Saturday


Happy August! Our Covid summer is coming to an end. The question though is, "what will the fall bring?" I missed spending a week with my brother and SIL at their beach house, but have a
wonderful staycation crafting. How did you all spend your summer? Long trips, day trips, or stay cations like me?


Today starts a new challenge at The Rainbow Card Challenge. Our color of the month is ruby. Ruby- what does that mean to you? For me it is a darker and richer sort of red.



Today I have another music/guitar card for either the hubs or the boss. The guitarist is from a very old Stampin Up. But the ruby explosion is from My Favorite Things

Today's music inspiration is the iconic song by the Rolling Stones- "Ruby Tuesday".




You have all month to play along at The Rainbow Card Challenge's ruby challenge.

9 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

Brilliant card. Plus I am now singing along in my head. Love Dawn x

Elena C said...

Hi Sue... I LOVE your card. Those fireworks are great behind that silhouette!!!
Glad to be part of the team.
Elena from Rainbow Card Challenge

Cathy said...

Wonderful card! Cathy x

Anita in France said...

Fun, funky and so full of energy, Sue ... this is fabulous! Thanks so much for your visit and kind words! Anita :)

Nandini said...

What a cool card! I love the silhouette image. And the background looks amazing!

Katy said...

Hi! This is an awesome card! I love how you made the red fireworks and the silhouette! It rocks! :) Hugs! Katy DT

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is gorgeous, Sue!
Hugs,
Em

Izzy Scrap said...

Wonderful take on the challenge. Love how you get inspired (great song !) and you perfectly illustrated it. Beautiful dark red fireworks to highlight the guitarist silhouette. Fabulous ! x

foleysfriend said...

I love how you used the ruby color for the background and added the black silhouette and sentiments to complement it. Very effective way to incorporate ruby onto your card.

sue n.