Saturday, December 12, 2009

Glitter Ball Fun and VIDEO!!!!








Some how a Christmas does not go buy that I am not making a "gluttony of glitter balls". (Is that like a gaggle of geese..pride of lions...?)


My tree is FILLED with them but I still end up making more. These are the BEST gifts during the holiday season. You can make them as easy or complicated as you want to. They are perfect to grab as a last minute hostess gift or that hard to buy teacher gift. 


For the last couple of years I have gone to my niece's to make glitter balls with her kids-yeah I am a great aunt- and I mean that literally I am a GREAT AUNT. Avery who is 6 is becoming quite the crafter and loves working on projects. My nephew Colin flies in from some sports video- makes an ornament and flies back to his video game- he is all boy!




Decorating them once they are done can be serious business!



But of course we all know that is the BEST part. Little girls and  packets of gems in all colors can not be seperated!


Sooooo how do you make them you ask....... here's a wee video to get you started.




Have fun making these glittery glimmery shimmery balls for yourself!!


Sue T.

1 comment:

Claire Lawrence said...

beautiful ornament, great video, nice job, Sue!