Sunday, May 8, 2011

thinking of you Mom...

IMG_4063
Mother's Day is always a bittersweet day for me. My mom died on Mother's Day 4 years ago. She lived a rich and fulfilling life. At 37, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a reoccurrence when she was pregnant with me at the age of 42. Now this was the 50's and the treatments were not nearly as advanced as they are today. My mom told me she never thought she would die and just went on with her life taking care of her family. My mom lived to be 90!! I am convinced a great mental attitude can defeat anything!
This card reminds me of my mom- her favorite color was pink and she loved roses.
IMG_4045
These are the items you will need to make this card. The stamps are- B1760 gorgeous bloom, B1761gorgeous mini bloom, B1765 makes me smile. Not shown is water color paper and a black ink pad.
IMG_4049
Stamp and emboss the gorgeous bloom in white. Rub the distress ink on a craft sheet and using a water brush or a paint brush begin filling in the roses with the ink. I start with darkest ink and finish with the lightest ink.
IMG_4052
IMG_4057
IMG_4060
Stamp and emboss the mini bloom and paint it and cut it out . The leaf I free handed with a glue pen and embossed and painted. assemble the card and stamp makes me smile
So thinking of my mom makes me smile.
Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

1 comment:

bevyb said...

Beautiful card, my Mom would have loved it too