Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Mom, the Artist



Today my mom would have been 95 years old. She died 5 years ago. My mom claimed to not have an artist bone in her body. She enjoyed my crafting but I could never get her to try out some stamping on her own.

It was when my mom began to get senile and was going to move into an assisted living center, I was finally able to get her to try her hand at stamping. I am sure if she had been in her "right mind" she would never agreed.  :)

I put some paints, sponges in front of her and she created the above background. She stamped the cat and with a little help she colored her, so she looked like her kitty, Kitsie. I put the card together for mom and she was so thrilled. She even had to sign the back- "designed by Florence".

I keep this card on my desk and smile every time I see it.

No comments: