Monday, May 28, 2012

May Flowers


Over at a blog named Hero they are having a challenge to use a Hero Arts stamp that hasn't had much love lately. I went through my drawers and there were any number of HA stamps that I could have used, but Large Flower Pattern S55471 called to me.  I tried to find it on the HA web site, maybe it has been discontinued? I sure hope not, it is a fun and versatile stamp.

I inked it in white pigment ink and embossed with white. Using Ranger's Distress stains I colored the flowers using spun sugar, barn door, spiced marmalade and peeled paint.  don't worry about it getting on the white, just wipe the excess off. I mounted the card on to white card stock and wrapped it in homemade bakers twine and mount onto pink card stock. I punched a butterfly from stamping scarps and added it.

I am ready to send this off to a good friend who just loooooves pink. Happy Birthday Margarita!!

Enjoy your Memorial Holiday Everyone!

No comments: