Thursday, August 1, 2013

Girl's Stamping Weekend Recap





I am back and settled back into my routine. The Girl's weekend was so much fun. We arrived early Friday morning, hauled our stuff in- 3 girls sure can bring a lot of stamping stuff!! Not to mention all the provisions to keep us strong for our crafting! By 10:00 we were at our places and we were creating.




Boy did we create! My buddy Jude, had lots of left over scraps and pieces of cards that she was working with. She ended up going home with over 30 cards I think!! Way to go Jude!!

My other best bud, Pat was determined to finish an ink tag swatch. Darn it, I wished I took a photo, it is a great way to match your ink colors when stamping. 




This is where Pat got her inspiration, at Jennifer Maguire's blog.

Do you remember, the photo inspiration I planned to use, the first two cards are the results. I love cattails and they grow profusely where we stayed. Naturally I used them as the basis of my photo inspiration. I created the back grounds using distress inks on a kraft sheet, spritzing them and laying a sheet of water color paper on it. Boy, was I happy with the results.

I have so much more to share, but will not overwhelm you today. Please check in again for more from the Poconos.

2 comments:

Pia S said...

Love the colors and how you've made them blend together so beautifully! Lovely!

bevyb said...

Sounds like you had a great crafty weekend. Beautiful Photo and great inspiration for your cards.
I need to make a set of ink tags