Sunday, September 8, 2013

It's that time of year!



I so did not think I was going to have time to stamp this weekend, what with my Capstone project to do for school- a huge month long take home essay test that is the culmination of all my nursing courses. My advisor told me when I e-mailed her in a panic about the whole test, to relax and do some art. Good advice! I can now see the forest through the trees and am plodding along on the whole thing. 

I loved the challenge sketch over at CAS(E) this sketch and it gave an opportunity to use my new Papertrey Ink Trick Trio die collection. I originally was going to do this card with a kraft base, but I came across this charcoal grey card stock and I loved the way the black die cut looked against it, along with the pop of orange on Penny Black's Spooky stamp set



This is the first Halloween card for 2013. I love making Halloween cards as much as I love making Christmas cards. But then I love Stephen King, Face Off and creepy movies. How about you all, do you like making Halloween cards?


3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so sweet!
Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Betty said...

Uhhhhh, so spooky. Love the dark colors, great eye catcher for the pumpkin. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Chrissy Larson said...

Love these cute pumpkins! Great card!