Saturday, June 21, 2014

Orange is the New Challenge



This week's color challenge at Just us Girls just breathes hot sunshiney summer days with a tall glass of lemonade in hand. Orange yellow and a neutral color. Just perfect for this time of year.


I went with my favorite trend right now-ombre. I created a yellow orange ombre card. Please disregard the ink smudge. I do not know where that came from. I didn't even have a black pad out!! Don't you hate when that happens!!??!

Anyway today's card uses two Memory Box products. The "floating butterfly background" die and the "garden peony blossom" stencil. I cut the butterfly twice, save both the positive and negative pieces.




 I colored the butterflies with copic markers using yellows and oranges, creating an ombre effect.
The negative piece, I put through my big shot with the peony stencil to emboss the design. See this post for a how to.  Then I put the whole thing back together with foam tape.

Here is another look in pinks. this time I embossed the butterflies and not the background.


 Hope you enjoyed my creations and will join us at Just Us Girls for this week's color challenge!

8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your ombre coloring on this very [I need] awesome die!

Lisa Kind said...

Oh wow! This is very cool! Love how you used the positive/negative pieces and the embossing! Beautiful cards!

Barbara said...

Wow! The ombre is a great touch for these colors. I enjoyed the instructions for embossing too. Thanks!

Marisa said...

Love that butterfly die. Gorgeous use of it both times.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Both cards are beautiful....love the ombre coloring! I think I'm going to have to put that beautiful butterfly die on my wish list.

Nancy said...

Love them both Sue....and yes don't you just hate when you get a smudge and your like...what the heck! So frustrating isn't it! That die is the Bomb!!!

Maria said...

Oh yeah I love those butterflies! Awesome job with the challenge this week.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love the ombre butterflies in both colors! Very cool with the embossing both ways.