Saturday, May 9, 2015

Ombre blooms




So once again I was out walking with my good buddy Miss Patricia and we were yakking about stamping. the topic of Hero Arts ombre inks came up. I mentioned how I had them on my wish list at Simon says Stamp and Ellen Hutson. Pat said she had three, but she wasn't feeling them. She just didn't see the ombre. When we finished our walk she lent me the three HA ombre inks she had and said play with them. See if you like them any better than me. Well, if that wasn't a challenge!

I went right home and starting playing. Guess what? I thought they were amazing!! I want all of them. You definitely should use them on bold stamps with a lot of surface to stamp on. I started with the pink to red ombre  and the mint to green ombre inks and used the bold bloom set from Ellen Hutson. I loved how they worked and I could totally see the ombre. Can't you?


The bold pinky ombre blooms with the minty leaves totally felt like this inspiration picture from the Card Concept. And while my card is a bit more muted than this photo at Time Out challenges the blooms reminded me of the wall paper.






The pink card is going to my friend Margarita for her birthday. She is all about pink. But for Miss P, I made the same card with butter to orange ombre ink. I think the ombre is just a little more difficult to see with this ink than the pink to red ink.


Shopping Our Stash is having their 200th challenge!! Can you believe that! They want something BIG, BOLD and BEAUTIFUL. I used big and bold blooms and bold beautiful inks. I mean entering this card was a no brainer. Congrats to Shopping Our Stash for such an awesome milestone!



I hope you enjoyed this review of ombre inks. Let me know if you have any and what you think of them.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both versions of the card - but the orange one a teensy bit more, since I am not a big fan of pink, and love bright colors more! :)

Chana Malkah said...

Fabulous project that definitely meets the criteria of Big, Bold, and Beautiful! Thanks for accepting the challene this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Darnell said...

I love them, Sue! Great ombre coloring and such a vibrant design!! Hugs, Darnell

Diane said...

Oh what lovely colors and designs.

Hugs diane

sandie said...

Fabulous Ombre blooms and love how you have stamoed inside and the curved edges, thanks for joining us at TO

Gerrina said...

Great cards! Your ombre flowers look super! Thank you for linking up at TIME OUT!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Your cards are just wonderful Sue! the colours, the flowers and all that white space are a fabulous combination. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

maria f. said...

Love your design and those ombre blooms. Glad to see you in the Card Concept gallery!

Shawna said...

Oh happy awesome and wonderful card!! I love the ombre and you background is just delicious!! My day just got better looking at this card.. txs!

Anita in France said...

Big and bold and fabulous, Sue ... these ombré blooms are fantastic ... love that you took the design to the inside! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)