Thursday, March 31, 2016

Happy Little Stampers: CASE this Designer- Joyce


Hi folks! Today at Happy Little Stampers we are CASEing the wildly talented Joyce. She created this simply stunning card. I have to admit, I have never really done this technique before. You see it everywhere.

I had to mess a few up until I caught on to what to do. I probably didn't even do it the right way. I stamped my Penny Black image and then I cut out a section which I colored in. I pieced it back together and there ya have it. 

I used flowers. It just seems to look better to me with flowers.  My first card I did with the cut out in the center. The cut out was to big and I felt you couldn't appreciate the uncolored section.

My next card was the same with a smaller circle cut out. Better, but still not quite right.



My last card I did the cut out off the paper and like Goldilocks, this one was just right.


What do you think?

I made all my cards sympathy cards cause I usually need them in a hurry and don't always have time to make one.

Let's see how you CASE Joyce's card this month over at Happy Little Stamper's CASE the Designer!

 

6 comments:

Gloria said...

Hello Sue!
Love your design and Message!
What a beautiful card!
Hugs,
Gloria

Joyce said...

I must admit that I really like all of your designs. Glad you showed them all. And, I did my technique exactly how you did yours--looks complicated, but really so easy. I do think that your first is my favorite--you have achieved a perfect balance. Those flowers are so pretty, and they work so well with your sentiment. Thanks for CASing me. It's such a treat to see.

I Card Everyone said...

Sue they are all gorgeous! I LOve the circle, no matter where you placed it - perfect!!
=]

ÅsaJ said...

Lovely design with that circle!!! So beautiful! Åsa xx

Melissa L. said...

These are all beautiful, Sue. Simply gorgeous. Now here's another stamp set that I just now put in my Amazon cart! You did a lovely job.

Linda S. said...

I am visiting "round and about" via Darnell's blog. I do love all your cards, but my favorite has to be the last one. Not only does the coloring/non-coloring make the viewer take a second look, but then the circle cut off the right hand edge demands a third look. Very beautiful and perfect for a sympathy card. Can you share your coloring medium with us? You do it with much class. Thanks.