Thursday, April 19, 2018

1+1= Toucan




Not sure what is going on over at Inky Paws, they are having a super fun sketch challenge and hardly any one is playing along!!! I don't quite get it, I couldn't wait till I was off today so I could make my card. 


I used to find sketches daunting, but now I really like them. They take the design guess work out of it and you can just have fun. I had this idea and it pretty much turned out as I envisioned it. So happy for that. 

I have my last class for this semester this week and then I will have 4 weeks off!! So cannot  wait for that!! Oh the stamping that I will do!


I used Newton's "Toucan Party" for my card today. I had to look up how to color a toucan. Wow there are many varieties of toucans. Who  knew. I love the look of black and white against the brighter colors.


Come on folks, get your creativity on and join in the fun over at Inky Paws!! If you are lacking inspiration, check out what the DT came up with.


8 comments:

Donna3d said...

Your CAS style with your incredible coloring makes for a great card! I hope to play along with the challenge this weekend, just haven't had free time for stamping yet this week. It's a great sketch and I love their challenges and stamps!

Dandi93 said...

Sue, you've done an amazing job with the sketch... Fun card and I love your design, the stripes, and especially the toucans. I find I look up how to color things often, at least get an idea. Sketch and color challenges were always my least favorite... but I have learned... that's why they are called challenges (lol) and have started to enjoy them...

Indy's Designs said...

This is darling! Love the black and white stripes with the fun toucans! Super fun! So glad you shared your talents with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
Hugs,
Debbie

mooch said...

Loved your take on this sketch. Gorgeous coloring and you can never go wrong with black and white stripes!!

Claire said...

Your card is really eye-catching, love the bold colours of the toucans and how you've interpreted the sketch is great x

candice said...

Love the coloring of the toucans and your take on the sketch! Gorgeous card! 😍

Andrea Shell said...

I absolutely love your take on the sketch! Great job on your coloring, too! Thanks for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

Zsofia Molnar said...

I love all the details and the way you used the sketch. So creative! Thank you so much for playing with us at the Inky Paws Challenge this time, hope to see your creations on the next one too. Hugs, Zsofi