Monday, September 10, 2018

Cottage Garden




I stepped outside my comfort zone with this card. For one thing the card is all embossed. I rarely emboss anymore, even though that was what sucked me into stamping. How many of you got sucked in by embossing? I know its just about all of you. That moment when you heat the powder and it bubbles and raises up!! Wow! It was just magic.


Today's card inspiration is a reminder to play along with the sketch challenge over at Inky Paws. There still is plenty of time to join the fun.


This card reminds me of a sort of cameo. I love the white embossed images on the blue cardstock. Do you have a special white embossing powder that you prefer.How about your favorite white ink pad? I am still searching for them. Usually I use a mix of Newton's Nook stamps. Todays card features just one set, the very versatile stamp set - "Cottage Garden"


This was my test card that I ending up completing just cause it was green (the most beautiful color in the world!) and i liked the contrast to the embossed card.


Head onto over to Inky Paws and join in this fun sketch challenge. We will chose a RANDOM entry to win a $20.00 Newton's Nook store gift certificate. Our favorite entries from each challenge will be highlighted the following Monday, so all entries have a chance to be featured on the blog.

The deadline to enter today's challenge is Friday September 14, 2018, at MN CST. the winners will be announced on the following Monday at Inky Paws.


2 comments:

Jennifer Jackson said...

The backgrounds on these are amazing! And I love how the cards open! Really Cool!
-Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

Dawn Darlene said...

Very Scandinavian! Thanks for the love!