Friday, March 1, 2019

Yummy yellow, mellow yellow


Happy March everyone!! One month closer to spring. March is such an iffy month weather wise. It can be beautiful, sunny and warm and the next day a blizzard can blow in. But at least you can see the light at the endo of winter's tunnel.


That's why this month's color challenge at The Rainbow Card Challenge is just what I need to remind me spring is just around the corner. Yummy yellow! Yay yellow!!

What about mellow yellow? I know we are into our third month of color challenges at The Rainbow Card Challenge, but I had this brilliant idea to inspire you each month. I am going to post a music video featuring the month's color.

There are lots of song with yellow in them. I went with the first one that came to mind, it also shows my age!! LOL.

Mellow Yellow by Donovan.



You can't be unhappy around yellow. There are so many great yellow things out there. Lemons, sunshine, daffodils, black eyed susans, bananas, yellow labs to name just a few.


But for me yellow means spring and spring means flowers begin to bloom. My card just had to feature flowers. I used a very old wood stamp from Hero Arts, "flowers and swirls", which I was pleasently surprised to see available still from Simon Says Stamp. The wee birds flitting through the flowers is from Newton Nook's "holiday smooches", a retired set that you can get for a steal now. 

The great thing about monochromatic cards is they often work in other colors also. You could easily make this card in pink, purple, or any other color too.

Pull out all your yellow and join us for a yummy yellow challenge over at the Rainbow Card Challenge.  you have all month to play along!! 




2 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Sue, this is AMAZING! I adore the fabulous dimension you were able to achieve, and that scene is just too cute! Thank you so much for all you do for The Rainbow Card Challenge! I am so grateful you are on my team! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Margarita Navarro-Rivera said...

Sue, I love this card! I especially love the little birds flying among the flowers!