Saturday, May 1, 2021

RUT RO!!

Good morning all! Happy May Day!! Today starts a new challenge at The Rainbow Card Challenge!! I almost forgot to post my card. My teamies and boss would not be happy with me. Hopefully they are sleeping in and I will have this posted before they notice!!

The color for May is "positively periwinkle". An unusual color that isn't quite blue and it isn't quite purple. I had to search my stash for inks and pens that would fit the bill.

My card today uses a fun set from Lawn Fawn called "plane and simple". Perfect for a guy card. The periwinkle dots were once white that I transformed using a copic marker. This is a good tip to change the color of gems, pearls and dots.

Because I am so late this morning, I am skipping the musical inspiration Check out The Rainbow Card Challenge and be sure to search your stash for all things periwinkle and join the fun!!



3 comments:

Katy said...

LOL we didn't notice the post was late ;) Wonderful card! I love the way you designed it. And that's a great tip on the copic marker are gems. Hugs! :) Katy

foleysfriend said...

What a clever way to highlight the "periwinkle" color. The card is so great! I love the background "party" and all the white space.

sue n.

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's so cute... and as I'm only just squeaking in with comments this month I would never have known! xoxo