Monday, February 23, 2015

A little message


Okay, okay I know I should be working on my oral presentation, my group isn't gonna be happy with me if I have nothing done. But, but, I just couldn't focus until I made this card. I promise I will spend the afternoon reading about nurse executives.

This card was inspired by the challenge at The Male Room, a challenge site that asks for cards with  a masculine bend. This weeks challenge was to make your own background.


I have had this idea poking around in my head for a bit. I stamped wide stripes with Simon Says Stamp  ink on craft paper. Then using the same khaki ink I stamped Hero Arts- Newspaper background . It makes a really cool background, huh? I stamped the pool base card with Simon Says Stamp sea glass ink using Hero Arts Envelope Pattern background stamp to add some texture. These big background stamps are the perfect way to create quick and easy backgrounds.


I thought the typewriter from Lawn Fawn's Just My Type. They have the cutest typewriter. I colored it with matching copic colors, some enamel dots and there you have it. The message inside can be anything, birthday, thank you, get well, congrats. A perfect guy card to have on hand for any occasion.

Check out the other backgrounds at The Male Room and maybe you will play along too.



3 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Another fabulous card -- love the corner panel - Thanks for joining in at TMR!

Deborah Frings said...

This is a brilliant. I like the way you stamped the corner panel and the subtle pattern on the background. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room challenge!

Louise van Vuren said...

fantastic background paper, love the combination of the stamps and the offset design, perfect for a masculine card. Thanks for joining us at The Male Room
Louise xx