Sunday, September 13, 2015

Wish Big!!



I have a couple of birthdays coming up. A guy and a girl. I didn't want to reinvent the wheel so I put my thinking cap on and took a gander at challenges this week and both Just Us Girls and Less is More had the inspiration I needed to get  the job done.

Just Us Girls  had a trend week challenge and what is more trendy than balloons. Here is a trend that I am actually on point with! I have tons of balloon stamps and dies!


The gang over at Less is More is having a OLC challenge and the key word is "wishing".

Well these two challenges fit together like peanut butter and jelly, tomato soup and grill cheese, bacon and eggs- geez I must be hungry!


For my one layer card, I made a stencil from the largest balloon in the Simon Says Stamp die set using masking paper. I sponged the base yellow color in and then layers a polka dot stencil over the balloon and sponged in the red dots.

I added the string and the sentiment from Papertrey Ink and there ya have it.

For the guy card, I changed it up a bit, instead of stenciling the balloon, I die cut the balloon with decorative paper and popped it up on the card base and added the sentiment with matching colors.



Well, I am off to have something to eat. Check out the challenges at Just Us Girls and Less is More.





9 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a great one layer card! I love that big beautiful balloon. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Simply FABULOUS Sue!
Brilliant masking, super striking colours and the perfect sentiment.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Anonymous said...

These are both super, Sue. I like both of these so much. Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls this week. Melissa - September GD

Liz said...

I love how you've created the masked balloon, very effective. Two great cards. xx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how you made a mask and stenciled that big balloon with the bold sentiment! Love the color combos and design on both cards. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun BOG OLE BALLOON! Love the added dots - Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Chrissie said...

Brilliant design and great that it works so well in both version!
Simply terrific!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Two brilliant creations - love those striking balloons!
Thank you for joining us
Anne
Less is More

Neets B said...

Fabulous creations, big balloon dies are on my wishlist and I can now see that I DO need them!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More