Thursday, August 11, 2016

Go to your happy place




Every year I get away to the Pocono mountains in Pennsylvania  for a crafty weekend of stamping, good food and good times with my best buddies. My buddy Judy aka "the angel" has a house in the "Nos" right on a gorgeous lake. Every year the weekend seems to grow and this year all of us will be there.

To get everyone psyched, I will be sending out this card. My card reminds me of one of the views from the porch.
My card fit into three challenges so I am submitting this to Time Out Challenges where the challenge  is:
'Holidays with the Optional Twist of No Stamping' 
(stamped sentiments allowed)
 I am submitting it to my friend Kylie's Happy Little Stamper CAS challenge   
where the challenge is:


I am also sending this out to a new challenge to me: The Sisterhood of Crafters

CLOSE TO NATURE
What does that mean to you?  
This is a perfect challenge since that's what we have going in to the NO's- a sisterhood of crafters and the theme couldn't be better!!!

I used the British view of holiday- our idea of a vacation here in the states.

The inside of the card says "go to your happy place". We have a running theme of the Nos being our happy place so this card is perfect for our upcoming holiday.
 The masking was a bit tricky and took several tries to get the masking inside to line up with the outside diecut window.
Check out both of these fun challenges and join in!!


7 comments:

Darlene said...

This is awesome! Love the design and I'm sure the other ladies will as well! I've been to the Pocono's (so pretty there) and how awesome that you ladies picked such a beautiful surroundings to craft in ... what fun! ENJOY!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CLOSE TO NATURE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Sue, this is adorable! I love the happy smiley faces! Great color and design too!

Neets B said...

A fabulous card, great masking and I love the way you've coloured it to. Your getaway place sounds like the perfect peaceful setting to get creative, you're very lucky. Have fun!
Thanks so much for sharing at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

Lynn said...

I hope you had an amazing time away. Pocono mountains are absolutely stunning. My hubby's family grew up very close to there. I love your fabulous card. The scene you created is adorable. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Terri's Cards N More said...

Great layout for such a cute image. There's nothing like a crafting retreat close to nature. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Crafter's "Close to Nature" chsllenge.

sandie said...

Congrats for wining HM at TO x

Linda said...

This is just sooo cute!! Thank you for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge xx