Thursday, September 5, 2019

Another thank you card



 Hey everyone!! Doing a little mid week posting. Why? Well.... just because I can. No start of school for me gang!! Yay!! My time off is just about me!!



So to celebrate, I am playing along at AAA Cards. They are having a sketch challenge with the option of using a critter. I am all about critters!! Love them and have a gazillion critter stamps!!




This sketch appeals to my CAS heart.

Have you guys heard of Wish? Wish describes itself "as shopping made fun".  It is all super cheap-75-95% off and sometimes things are free. You do pay shipping , but shipping is cheap too. Shipping is on each item. But when you are paying $1-4.00 for something, 2.00 is ok. At least with me. It does take weeks (and I mean weeks!!) for the items to come in. It’s all coming from China. The  company buys left over lots of all kinds of things. I noticed they had me targeted for crafting stuff on Instagram. I checked it out and sure enough, they had stamps, dies, ink pads, markers etc. They have TONS of dies. The stuff appears to be brand name. Stamping Up, Simon Says Stamp, My Favorite Things, Mama Elephant, Avery Elle, Penny Black, Clearly Besotted and Honey Bee to name a few.

Everything is from free to 4.00 for the most part. It is kinda like going to a thrift store, you have to wade through a lot of crap to find the good stuff. Using good search words helps. I put in stamps and dies 2019 and I was able to buy a bunch of very current stuff. When you receive your shipment, it is just the stamps with  absolutely no labels of any kind, just a sheet of stamps or dies. I found the acrylic seemed a bit flimsier than what I have, but everything stamped fine and with a MISTI, you can always double stamp. The dies cut fine, you can always add an extra shim.

I am not sure if you guys will hold this against me, but these companies are selling to Wish and the prices are good, so I get more bang for my buck. I am curious to see what you think.



Anyway the point of this rant is that the THANKS die is from Wish. I die cut without a problem. Not sure what company it is from. Maybe one of you know. The sweet kitty is from Newton's Nook.

Head over to AAA Cards and play along.





2 comments:

Jane said...

Oh that die works perfectly for the sketch, brilliant choice! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

LucieGCards said...

Oh, what a fabulous card! I love Newton and you have coloured him so beautifully! Great use of that die too! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!