Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Featured Guest for Newton's Nook

 

This week Newton's Nook is featuring all of the Inky Paws design team on their blog!  The week will be full of inspiration using products from Newton's Nook. I am excited to share my creation today  using products from Newton's Nook. Make sure you check out the NN Blog each day to see what my fellow DT has to share.

The loss of a pet is so hard and making a pet sympathy card can be so difficult. The trick is to keep it simple.  For my card today, I die cut a heart from the heart frames die set. I then stenciled a rainbow of stripes using the "Retro Sun and Palm" stencil set. (This is favorite of mine for the stripes, which I use in a variety of ways) I die cut a scalloped panel using the "Frames and Flag" set. To add some needed texture I embossed the panel using the "Tumbling Hearts" stencil. This is great way to get double duty from your stencils. I didn't have a specific pet sympathy sentiment, so I added a sentiment "Thinking of you" from the Floral Roundabout set. You don't need specific sentiments. You can always find something in your stash that will work. I die cut my cat and have him/her crossing the rainbow bridge. Newton's Nook also has dog silhouettes dies.

The inside of my card uses a sentiment from "Heartfelt Roses" and the paw prints are from the "Catitude" set.

Be sure to check out the Newton's  Nook blog for more Inky Paws inspiration! Also, don't forget to visit Newton's Nook to see all the products I used today and you will find even more to inspire you. Let me know what are your "go to" NN products!

 

No comments: