Monday, September 5, 2022

What a year brings......

Happy Labor Day folks! The summer is over and now we fall into autumn. Labor day marks a year since I woke up at 4:30 in the morning and headed out to work at the hospital. What started out as a temporary break from work ended up as retirement!! A year full of creative doings. Over the past year, I received my Zentangle certification, I've been experimenting with watercolors and taking numerous classes on abstract art to use with my Zentangle. Not to mention the 2-3 books a week I am reading.  The best year ever! 

You have one more week to play along with our "Fall" theme at Inky Paws

 Something about fall just call for kraft paper. My card today features some oldies and some new stuff from Newton's Nook. I used the "Jack-O-Lantern" stencil and "Autumn Mice".  You might notice a strip of fall leave paper. This is from the new "Autumn" paper pack. I just swiped some brown ink over it to change the color. This is a good tip to make your pattern papers work for your design.


Today's musical inspiration is from the great Dolly Parton. It's in honor of everyone that is still putting in their 8, 10, or 12 hour days!! 


You have one more week to get out your sweaters, leggings and fall stamps for the "Fall" challenge at Inky Paws.  Let's see you use some Newton's Nook stencils in unusual ways! We will chose a RANDOM entry to win a $20.00 Newton's Nook store gift certificate. Our favorite entries from each challenge will be highlighted the following Monday, so all entries have a chance to be featured on the blog.


The deadline to enter today's challenge is  Friday September 9, 2022 at MN CST. The winners will be announced on the following Monday at  Inky Paws.

 

 

No comments: