Sunday, March 29, 2009

StampScrapArtTour in Oaks this weekend








Good Morning Paper Crafters!


I had an unexpected day off on Friday, so I went with Pat to the Container store in Jersey. On the way home, I was telling her I had checked out the classes at the StampScrapArtTour in Oaks for this weekend. I thought the Inky Antics class looked like fun. Next thing you know we are driving straight to Oaks to take the class along with Bevy B.!!


The class was on Interactive cards and the instructor Jackie- was awesome. Everything was cut measured and prepped for you. We just had to put the cards together. My hat goes off to Jackie - we made 4 somewhat difficult cards in under two hours.


We decided to stay for the make-n-take that evening. Seven make-n-takes and a dessert bar. Every project was great. It ran smoothly with no waiting. Both Bev and Pat won door prizes. Poor me!!


The next morning Pat and were off again to tour the convention and spend some money. First stop- Inky Antics for those got to have whimsical stamps and to see Jackie demo gamsol. She’s the pro and I picked up some tips. Next Stampers Anonymous where I visited with a the owner who I was in Ranger U. with. We caught up and I watched him demo for a bit. Of course I had to by some stamps and Timmy stuff while I was there. Purrs and Pants was next on the agenda as Pat had to pick up a bunch of dog related stamps.  I got the template to make the spinner card. After that we just roamed around checking out other booths.


I got some flower soft a hot new item that I has seen on SCS inkling this week. I’m in love and will post a card this week. I only got it in pink and light green and wished I gotten a few more colors. Perhaps at Allentown?....


Sparkle and Sprinkle was our last stop for those gorgeous translucent glitters!


For a small show it was just right- not too crowded, lots of demos and bargains. I would definitely recommend this show.


Sue T.

1 comment:

PatW said...

Sue T, Bevy B and I had a blast at the StampScrapArtTour in Oaks, PA!!! The Inky Antics class was amazing! The make & take projects were great projects and it was a great value! Teachers were great! Not as many vendors as Heirloom however all the vendors were really, really, really good vendors. And---they were very nice and a lot of fun. I'm hoping StampScrapArtTour returns to Oaks regularly. We will finally have a rubber stamping convention that is very close and convenient for all the Philly area/Delaware Valley stampers and---it was easy to find. Yippee!!

PatW