Friday, June 22, 2018

Colorful crafty friends!!


Is there anything better than crafty friends? I have a core group of crafty peeps. We try to get together to craft a few times a year. We always have a crafting weekend in the Pocono mountains in Pennsylvania each summer. 



I arrive a day ahead with my buddy Pat and we get the house ready for the rest of the crew. We spend the weekend crafting. There is usually a card swap, a class and everyone contributes a stamping tip through out the weekend. There is stamping going on at 6 in the morning until midnight.

We only stop for sustenance and a trip to get ice cream cones.


 The weekend is always a blast. Good food, great music, awesome art, good times and crafty best friends!!

I always send a card out to the group a week before the weekend to pump everyone up. I think this will be the card that goes out.


I found a very old wooden stamp from Invoke Arts, back when I was dabbling in artsy fartsy stamping. When I saw the "rainbow" challenge at Addicted to CAS, the idea of how to show this very old stamp some ink and love came to me.





And hey isn't Less or More have a challenge with the theme of friendship going on for just a few more hours!! I am getting this entry in just under the wire.


All I can say is if you read this in time, head on over to either sites, see what others have created and join in the fun!!




3 comments:

Trina P. said...

Agree... crafty friends are the best!
Wonderful rainbow inspired card, Sue! Great job stamping that cool image in rainbow colours. Love how you set it back in the window cutout. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What a truly inspirational card Sue. Love the Andy Warhol look to the front; that's so arty. And the rainbow of splashes inside is such a sunny and happy image - great backdrop for the fab sentiment. Yes, crafty friends are the best. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Bobby said...

Shades of Andy Warhol! Yes what an artsy card for art loving friends, Sue. Rainbows inside and out. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS. Have a wonderful crafting weekend.