Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Red Romance



Happy 2019 everyone!! Wow another year gone. The years just fly by especially the older you get. It just doesn't seem fair. I am looking forward to 2019, I will no longer be in school and I can stamp away to my heart's content. One of the things I want to do is become more involved in challenges and challenge teams. Four years ago I had to step down from all the teams I was on to concentrate on school. That is no longer the case. Woohoo!!


My buddy Mynn from House of Cards (the first challenge team I was asked to be on.) is hosting a new challenge team that is sure to inspire. The Rainbow Card Connection challenges us to use a different color each month.


January's color theme is "red romance". It's funny because red was the theme for all my hubby's Christmas cards this year. I was good to go. My card to inspire you this month uses a very old wood stamp (remember those?) "cuddle in the snow!" from 2005 Penny Black.


I use this stamp every year to make one of George's Christmas cards. 2005- that means he has recieved 13 cards using this stamp!!


Along with the snow couple, I used the sentiment from Pinkfresh's "happy hugs" and My Favorite Things "Merry Christmas circle frame".



Each year I think, how can I come up with another idea, and yet every year I do! Do any of you have stamp sets you use all the time? 

Let's kick off the Rainbow Card Challenge and join in the fun and create a red forward card!! You have all month to play along!



3 comments:

Mynn xx said...

First of all, I LOVE the back story of this card! Secondly, it is totally DARLING! I adore the image and layout! And I did the same for my card--grabbed stamps that haven't seen the light of day for a while! I am so excited to see what you make this year! Sending New Year HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous card, Sue! It's such an honor to be working with you again xoxo

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Hi Sue! Took a little tour around your blog- I love your work (noticed that sweet, red houses card you entered in the DT call). Your snowman card is perfection! Glad to be sharing a team with you and looking forward to seeing more of your work!