Monday, February 18, 2019

comfort zone




We all have a comfort zone when it comes to creating. I like a clean and simple look using my copic markers. As I was pulling out various stamp sets for consideration in creating my reminder card for the color challenge at Inky Paws, somehow  "cottage garden" was stuck in the middle of the 3 or 4 Newton sets I had pulled. 
It must have been devine providence. Because looking at the stamp set I immediately decided on the card I was going to make. I stamped the images with a very light gray ink and dusted off my colored pencils for a bit of very easy no line coloring. While it's not perfect I did like the softness of the images. 


The card turned out well enough that I will try this technique again soon. 


Head on over to Inky Paws and join in our super color challenge. We will chose a RANDOM entry to win a $20.00 Newton's Nook store gift certificate. Our favorite entries from each challenge will be highlighted the following Monday, so all entries have a chance to be featured on the blog.

The deadline to enter today's challenge is Friday, February 22, 2019 at MN CST. The winners will be announced on the following Monday at Inky Paws.







1 comment:

Jennifer Jackson said...

This card turned out so lovely! I love the bold images in the soft colors!
-Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}