Friday, February 1, 2019

Orange- love it or hate it



Orange seems to get a bad wrap. Folks either love it or hate it. I happen to love it. It is bright happy color that doesn't apologize for itself. It plays nice inn the sandbox with other colrs such as blue, red, and yellow. Blue and orange is a favorite color combo of mine. So striking.

Diana of the blog-"that creative feeling" posts an article called "Ode to Orange, a color we love to hate". Check it out.


This month's challenge at the Rainbow Card Challenge is "orange opulence". We are asking you to put all your negative feelings if you have them about orange and embrace it. Create an orange forward card.


 When deciding on a direction for my card this month, I immediately grabbed "Beautiful Butterflies" from My Favorite Things. I haven't played with it much. This was the perfect challenge to show it some inky love.

I stamped the butterflies with a variety of orange inks from Altenew. I stamped the sentiment and then die cut the butterflies and used foam tape to raise them. I know this technique has a name but I am at a loss. I am sure Jennifer Maguire has shown us this technique.


So now it's time to dust off your orange inks and show them some love and create an orange card. Be sure to link it up to  the Rainbow Card Challenge. You have all month to play along!



 

5 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

I love orange too, Sue, and described it exactly the same: bright and happy! I love your butterflies and the layout you used!

Dandi93 said...

Gorgeous card and color Sue... Yes, orange has always been my favorite color...

Jacqueline said...

This is lovely and I love how you have done the sentiment - very clever - Jacqueline xx

Unknown said...

I agree--orange DOES get a bad rap! But you've done it up beautifully! LOVE this card, Sue! Thank you for all your hard work for TRCC! Sending crafty HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is gorgeous, Sue! Ha- I love your plays nice in the sandbox comment! I happen to love orange too! yellow, orange and pink is one of my favorite color combos. I love this technique you used so cool with the sentiment over the popped up butterflies.