Friday, January 1, 2021

Flowers for guys

Happy 2021 everyone!!! Boy, 2020 sure took us for a wild ride!! One that I am not sure is completely over yet. But here's hoping!!!

Today starts a whole new year of monochromatic color challenges at The Rainbow Card Challenge. This month's featured color is all about neutrals. i had to admit, I did go on line to see exactly what colors constitute neutrals. I was thinking just greys, beige browns, but it turns out, muted blues are considered neutral. 

I really tried to think a bit outside the box with this challenge and decided to try a flower stamp with theses neutral colors. I've created a masculine card with a feminine twist. Almost an oxymoron huh?

For my card, I used this well inked stamp set from Clearly Besotted, "Scene it Flowers"

You have the month of January to play along with our neutral color challenge at The Rainbow Card Challenge. I cannot wait to see what you come up with!!



4 comments:

Lynda said...

Great colouring and the colours used are definitely different for this image - but looks great. xx

Izzy Scrap said...

I love how you turned out this flower bed in a masculine beautiful card ! I struggle so much with masculine card that you showed me a great idea to make them. Gorgeous design too ! Wishing you a very Happy New Year and may all your wishes come true ! x

Katy said...

This card is beautiful! I love how you colored the flowers and the way the background is. That's a great die cut plate. Hugs! :)

foleysfriend said...

Oh my goodness, such a pretty card. I love everything about this card! I hadn't considered using neutrals for flowers. You've proved that it can be done and the effect - stunning!

sue n.