Sunday, August 1, 2021

day late, dollar short

 

Well, July has come and gone and I missed the whole Christmas in July thing, card making even the Hallmark Christmas movies!! But hey that's OK, because 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is going strong with challenges to get you prepared for the upcoming holidays.


The challenge is to use vellum on a window card. I had to search for vellum. It isn't some thing this CAS girl uses very often.  Luck would have it, that it was relatively easy to find!

I love red and brown together and that is why I stenciled this unconventional colored snowstorm. Brown flakes on the background and an overlay of red flakes on the vellum. I added the reindeer and snowmen from Clearly Besotted's "Christmas Lineup". Some always needed bling, a sentiment and there we go.

This is my first time joining the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, but it won't be my last! So what that I missed Christmas in July, when I have Christmas in August, September, October, November, and December!!


 

3 comments:

Lucinda said...

Lovely to have you with us Sue, we are Christmas all year at 52CCT so it's never too late, or too early! I agree that red and brown are a great combo, and I love a snowflurry of any hue, you've made a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us, and look forward to seeing you play along again soon.

AndrejaM said...

Beautifull card. Thanks for playing at 52CCT

Rosmarie said...

Such an adorable card, Sue!! Thank you for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x