Thursday, October 1, 2020

Fly by

 

I have said this before, I love making Halloween cards. I actually end up making more than I send out. Anyone want a Halloween card- just let me know, I am sure I will have a few to spare! 

 

For my card today I am using this month's featured color at The Rainbow Card Challenge. Smokey slate. Very creepy, foreboding, and  eerie. 

Today's card features a really cool technique that Kristina Werner showed on her blog in early August. I fell in love with this technique and it was perfect for my spooky card.

 I challenge you guys to try this out. You won't be disappointed in the results.


Believe it or not, I have your musical inspiration. Who would have thought there would be a song with "Slate" in the title. There is and here it is to inspire you!


You have the whole month of October to put together your spooky and smokey slate card for The Rainbow Card Challenge. Go for a Halloween card. It will take the guess work out of it!!



5 comments:

Elena C said...

Hello Sue. A very creative card. I'm so glad you are a person who can make a spooky card and still have it fun to see. I am not one of those. I really struggled with my grey. You said you saw this technique on Kristin Werner's blog... I watch most of hers but didn't see that one. I'm going back to look (maybe get an idea or two).
Anyway you did a great job!!!
Elena DT

Erika Crawford said...

Love this card. Whose witch die is that?

sue t. said...

Erika- It is from Impression Obsession. https://www.iostamps.com/product/DIE229-I.html

foleysfriend said...

What a spooky background you created for your witch. I love that the die cut extends beyond the spooky background. The sentiment is perfect.

sue n.

Katy said...

Love your card-and that cool background that the witch is in front of! Hugs! :)