Monday, August 31, 2015

Happy Little Stampers- Sketch Challenge



Hi everyone! This month at Happy Little Stampers we have an interesting sketch challenge.



I was flummoxed  by this challenge. This sketch almost got the better of me. Then I started thinking about the shapes of color as windows and some how the card came together. 

Using various rectangle dies I cut windows in black card stock. The sentiment window I cut through both the black card stock and the base card. I wanted to have a window where the congrats would peep out from the inside of the card. Instead of sold colors behind the windows, I used a selection of pattern papers.


This card was a bit tricky but I think the results were so worth it. As usual I take these challenges quite literally, so ya have to check out what my fellow DT did. There are some very clever takes on this months sketch. Be sure to  play along at HLS sketch this month!

Melissa over at honeybeelane suggested I link up my card at Virginia's View Challenge. Virginia is looking for geometric patterns. I have never played along with Virginia, but the going back and checking out her blog, I think I will be playing along from now on! Thanks Melissa!





9 comments:

Birgit said...

Love your fun design for this challenge! The peek-a-boo window is so clever!

Loll said...

Fantastic card Sue. Love your interpretation of the sketch ... isn't it amazing how all the DT cards are so different, but yet the same??!! Love your squares of coloured, striped paper, and love how you've cut the window to peek through to the sentiment inside --- awesome! xx

Gloria said...

Hi Sue!
Love your pattern and color!
And you made a fun hole.
It looks so nice.
Great Job!
xx

ÅsaJ said...

Love your idea with the windows Sue! It´s just faboulus! Hugs Åsa

Kylie said...

Your idea came together fabulously! What a creative take on the sketch. I LOVE how you left one window 'open' to show your sentiment! xx

Anonymous said...

Wow! I really like this card, Sue. The black with all of the windows and then the sentiment's window are super. I really like the stripes too. You could play this over at Virginia's View this month! :)

Bonnie said...

What a great idea to use windows! I love how you've cut the one to show the inside sentiment! Very clever!

Margarita Navarro-Rivera said...

Love this card, Sue!

LesLee said...

I love this card... those windows are so clever.. I really like that the sentiment is on the inside of the card xx