Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Male Room Challenge #19



What is black and white and read all over? Do you remember that silly riddle? If you do, you are showing your age. I thought that was the funniest joke only a million years ago when I was about seven. 

The answer? Why a newspaper of course. ( I did kinda give it away. The riddle is better not "red")
That is the challenge today over at the Male Room.


Use newsprint on your project. You can barely get a newspaper these days. Most news is online. I grabbed a left over newspaper from our waiting room because, I haven't read a paper in years.

My card is using another adorable pet stamp set. This one is "furry friends" from Avery Elle. I mean just look at that face..... isn't he the cutest. He reminds me of my pupper Cubby. Anyway this guy just wants to please his owner by bringing in the paper.

I added a bit of watercolor wash and a newsprint stamp from Hero Arts to complete this oh so sweet card.


Ok, now it's your turn to dig up a newspaper or a newspaper stamp and enter the challenge over at the Male Room. I can't wait to see what you create!





8 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Oh...this card is so sweet and just gorgeous. Love the colour combination, the clever theme, the dog stamp and the creative background.

Ashwini Rao said...

Never mind the joke, but the card certainly made me smile!! Such a cute little doggie, who wouldn't smile!! :)

LeAnne said...

Absolutely adorable!

Louise van Vuren said...

I think this is just so clever (and adorable too) I like how you used newsprint for the font too. Great DT card
Louise xx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is really cute! I love that adorable puppy holding the newspaper.

Pia S said...

How adorable! Cute image and love how you did the smudgy newsprint background!

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh my, this is absolutely adorable! Love how you created the background!

Deborah Frings said...

I love this cute card. The little dog is adorable. I like the use of newsprint in the background, the sentiment and the one in the dog's mouth. Great card!

And yes, I do remember that joke - it's one of the few that I can actually remember :)