Saturday, August 22, 2015

Hope




AAA Cards is having a fun duel challenge. It is all in the interpretation.


The theme is masquerade. You can either use a mask in your creation or mask something on your work. I don't have any mask stamps, so I decided to try my hand a masking. I wanted to do something a wee bit different. Recently, Papertrey Ink had a tutorial on masking sentiments and it reminded me of a technique I used last Christmas.

First I stamped the sentiment on removable tape and I cut closely around the sentiment. I placed it on my base card.


Next, using Penny Black's pretty petals I stamped over the sentiment mask.


I then gently removed the mask.


In the open space left by the mask I stamped the sentiment.


Lastly, I colored the image in with copic markers and added some glitter, because I like glittery things.


As I looked at this card I though this would be a lovely CAS sympathy card if using sympathy sentiments. 

Check out AAA Cards and lets see how you masquerade.

On a sad note, we had to put my sweet 18 year old girl Zephry to sleep last night. God bless her indomitable soul. She will be so missed.




 

4 comments:

Gloria said...

Hi sue!
Your coloring is so beautiful!
I love your design!

Jane said...

Fabulous masking technique and tutorial. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Mynn xx said...

This is beautiful, Sue! I adore the masking you did--and the soft yellow of the flowers is fabulous! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Tanja said...

I came here to comment on your vibrant cut out window card but the only thing I want to tell you now is that I am so sorry for your loss